Row River Ride
![]() |
| Dorena Lake |
Today we rode Row River Trail outside of Cottage Grove. An approximately 16 mile trail the goes along Dorena Lake. The whole route is the Covered Bridge Scenic Bikeway A little over 30 miles, 16 of which are along a shaded trail.
![]() |
| Old barn along the trail. |
I felt pretty lazy today, I might actually have done a bonafide warm up, and then not bother to speed up. 😏
Side note: Ron loves the whole warm up thing. I get no sympathy from him. He’s happy I don’t take off like a bat out of hell. His warm ups are, like, 10 miles long. 🥱
We rode sixteen miles out Row river trail at a leisurely clip. It didn't help having my fatter 35mm tires on the bike. So heavy and slow. I didn't really want to go faster. We rode to the end of the trail and had a small snack before heading back to Cottage Grove.
![]() |
| Dorena Covered Bridge |
Then we took a different road on the return. Haven’t done this route before, so I didn’t know it had one long hateful hill to climb—good lord it was painful, but I got my very strong efforts done. 💪💪💪 So much for a leisurely ride. That hill was steeper than what my Garmin is saying. It’s such a liar. 🤥 Really nice ride. Turned out better than expected. 😊
![]() |
| Stewart Bridge |
I think next time I'll do the big hill first, then have a nice picnic along the trail by the lake.
33 miles
764 ele. gain







Ah, the westcoast green is shining!
ReplyDeleteLovely moody shot of the Steward Bridge, Kary.
Thanks Sonja. I rode this ride 5 years ago and back then you could ride across this bridge. Now they've removed all access. It's historic so I don't think they'll tear it down. At least, I hope not.
ReplyDeleteKudos on beating the “long hateful hill”!
ReplyDelete