Best in the West - Virtual Sprint Triathlon

 In keeping with my reputation of doing “wild and crazy on the spur of the moment type things”, this morning I did a virtual sprint triathlon. Had it been less spur of the moment (I came up with it late yesterday afternoon) I would have skipped yesterday’s bike ride. So Best in the West sent me a packet that included a medal. I figured even if the time had passed to go virtual I still should earn the medal, even if it’s unofficial. Then upon checking the website it looked like I still had time after all. woohoo!


 I had a lap reserved at the pool and permission to park at their lot for the ride and run. I blew off my drills workout and swam my 500 meters instead. 


It was rather foggy for the bike ride, but I had my lights, and it seemed that cars had no trouble seeing me. It was a lovely, misty morning. 


The run was just some zigzagging in nearby neighborhoods. My legs were a little tired towards the end and I was slowing down, but still finished in good time. 


I’m glad I did it, even if only for my own sense of accomplishment.


Swim: 550 yards

Bike: 12 miles

Run: 3.1 miles

Comments

  1. What a great idea in times like these. Keep it up, Kari.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny thing is this race wasn’t virtual due to Covid. They worked that out. It was the forest fires that got the actual event changed to virtual. Just cannot win in 2020. 🤷🏻‍♀️😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100