Sublimity Hills Gravel Grinder
Ok. So I forgot how hard this ride is. I’m tired! A good tired. Alethea and I did the Sublimity Hills Gravel Ride. Ron and I did this ride last May, and we cut it short, leaving off one big climb.
Today Alethea and I did the whole ride including that big bastard of a hill at the end. And why is that nasty bit at the end of the ride? Seriously, someone needs to switch this route around. Did I mention this is a hard ride? You’re either scratching your way to the top of some nasty climb at two miles per hour or you’re rolling down the hill, often with some dodgy deep gravel. But the views are sweet. Well when it’s not foggy they’re sweet.
![]() |
| Sweet gravel toward the end of the ride |












Well done, Kari. I admire your stamina on the bicycle. I have long given up on cycling. My knees weren't keeping up...
ReplyDeleteThanks Sonja, I’ve been lucky with no knee problems. I do have sciatic nerve pain at times that keeps me sidelined from just about everything. Fortunately it doesn’t last long, so far.
DeleteAll your walking and hiking is probably the best exercise there is. Gentle on the joints, and you don’t have to worry about traffic. 🙂