Riding everyday in November Week 3

Nov. 16
2 Dam Bad - not really 😁 Another short ride. (Do you see a trend?) This one turned out better than expected. I usually ride this road in spring or summer when recreational traffic is crazy busy. Today there was practically no traffic and it was so peaceful. Foster Dam in Sweet Home to Green Peter Dam.

Foster Reservoir



#1 Foster Dam
Quartzville Road

#2 Green Peter Dam
Middle Santiam River

Green Peter Reservoir

In the fall they lower the water levels in the reservoir. This is  where I swim for triathlon in the summer. 

Lewis Creek swim area, Foster Reservoir



Ha! there is a creek under the reservoir
Lewis Creek proper I suppose


Last of the fall colors

Nov. 17
Didn’t get quite 5 miles today, but then I also didn’t get wet so there’s that.

Christmas Tree Farm #2
Seems like cemeteries
should be in black and white. 



Nov. 18
Did I get rained on today? Yep.
Did I smile? Yep! About 15 miles.
15-18



Nov. 19
Five miles recovery ride. No bike porn today. Just a little holly tree growing out of a post.









Nov. 20
Got home late. When I was in town I’d go out at night, but I’m afraid to ride out on these rural roads after dark. I don’t typically count trainer rides, but I did a trainer ride for a half hour or so to at least get something in.

Nov. 21
A minimal mileage day. Squeezed a short ride in while decorating for Christmas. Yes Christmas. I’m generally a “bah humbug” kind of girl, but this being the year of Covid we decided to decorate early and go big (well, big for us) so families can enjoy the lights as they drive by. Clark Griswold need not worry. We won’t be taking down the grid this year. And speaking of the grid, here’s a nice, moody pylon in the mist for ya! Your welcome.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
Move along.
Not taking out the grid this year.
Not sure what happened here, but
The house lights are white, not orange,
and my red porch light didn't come on. 



Nov. 22
Little neighborhood ride past Christmas tree farm #2. Wish they were harvesting by helicopter, but so far haven’t seen any this year. I’m 18 out of 22 for rides so far this year.


This challenge is a good way to push myself to go outside even when the weather isn't so great, or when I'm tired and would just rather blow off a ride. It's motivational in that way. A downside is that rather than doing 2 or 3 good workout rides I end up doing short little nothing rides. I end up getting less of a workout and pilfer away my time just cruising around doing easy rides. Well, one more week basically and I can return to my regular schedule of workouts.

Comments

  1. Are overcast skies the norm this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It’s why so many people have seasonal depression around here. We get cloud cover or fog that can last for days. I don’t mind overcast skies, but I hate the fog that doesn’t go away.

      Delete
  2. I liked the leading lines in the 4th pic btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Kari. The weather looks pretty much the same over here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100