Riding Everyday in November
Riding Everyday in November
A few years ago a Facebook friend started a group called Riding everyday in November. The idea being that it's easy to ride everyday when the weather is good, but who can pledge to ride everyday for the 30 days when the weather is not so good. It was fun. It got a lot of us riders out there even when the weather was terrible, even if only for a few miles or blocks. The worst I have to deal with is rain, wind, and cool weather. Sometimes fog. Other riders had blizzard like conditions and sub freezing temps, yet they prevailed. And a few living in the Southern Hemisphere, well we get to enjoy their sunny, spring weather. I'd say that's fair payback for when the usual April 30 days of riding pop up in the social media spheres.
I wasn't going to ride this year. I haven't for the past couple of years since moving to the country. But Kevin didn't set the group to private right away, and I kept seeing posts. Kept feeling the call to go out for a ride, even if only for a mile. So I did. I went for a ride. Now I'm reluctantly committed to the challenge. I'm missing 3 days. I might make them up at the end, or I may just be happy with whatever number I get. We'll see. So here's some of my rides for the first week of riding everyday in November
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 4
I wasn’t going to do the challenge this year. Lol-still not sure I will. 🤔 But I went for a short ride today so I guess I’m 1-4. #ridingeverydayinNovember
• • •
THURSDAY, NOV. 5
Quick little ride in the rain, and I didn’t even melt. 😜 2-5 #ridingeverydayinNovember
• • •
FRIDAY, NOV. 6
Day 6, but ride 3 for me. Cloudy but no rain - woot! The house behind me was built by my Granddad, and my mom was born there. I’m sure my local bikey friends are sick of hearing this little fact as I always mention it when we ride this route.3-6 #ridingeverydayinNovember
![]() |
| The house my Granddad built. Where my Mom was born. |








I haven't really given it a thought, Kari but looks like I am quite voluntarily in the "hike every day in November" squad.
ReplyDeleteYes I would say you are. 🙂 I think the important part is get outside and enjoy this world whether walking, riding, or whatever. Just get out and don’t let the weather keep you in.
Delete