Riding Everyday in November Final Week
My final week of riding, and I was ready to be finished. Although now that it's done, I miss all the posts from everyone.
Monday Nov. 23
Another short ride around the neighborhood. The foothills are hiding in the mist so went with the artsy shots instead.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
Mixing it up a bit. Some gravel and some pavement. Bonus gravel: a rider told me about a nice little road that paralleled the paved road for a few miles. That was a treat. About 20 miles, 1400 ft. gain.
![]() |
| Cronemiller Lake at Peavy Arboretum |
![]() |
| Overlooking the Soap Creek Valley |
![]() |
| Soap Creek Schoolhouse. |
![]() |
| National Guard training center |
Wednesday, Nov. 25
Recovery ride. Short and just a little sprinkle. Not even enough to need a raincoat.
Thanksgiving Thursday, Nov 26
This is a gate a local artist created as a memorial at our little cemetery. I always thought it was beautiful.
I’m 22-26
Friday, Nov. 27
Really pretty morning for a ride. I get heartily sick of fog, but this was pretty today.
Saturday, Nov 28
A quick morning ride before we’re off to do Christmas stuff. Includes my sad attempt at videography and some really cheesy music.
Sunday, Nov. 29
Quick little ride down on the valley floor. Ron rode with me and we were both tired of doing hills.
![]() |
| Nothing special. Just a field. |
Monday, Nov. 30
Last day was uneventful. A quick ride to finish up. The mountains were hiding in the fog. The clouds were interesting, but not the best lighting. A rather ho-hum way to end.
![]() |
| A really bad photo shooting into the sun. |
![]() |
| The clouds were spectacular today. Alas, the lighting isn't great. |
I rode 26 out of 30 days. I started 3 days late, because I wasn’t going to do this at all, but all the fun posts shoved me out the door and onto my bike. I also missed one day due to darkness, and I’m too scared to ride after dark where I live. I did do a trainer ride that night, but I don’t count that here. Total distance was 233.5 miles. My shortest ride was 2.4 miles. The longest was 33 miles.
My most memorable ride was a gravel ride we did out Harris Road in Benton County. Why? First because it was gravel (my latest bikey love affair), second it was a beautiful day that day, and finally it was our first time riding that road, and I love exploring a new road.
![]() |
| Harris Road |
The biggest challenge is always pushing myself to ride outside when the weather is wet and cold. I used to do it all the time, but bought a trainer a few years ago, and even though I hate it too, sometimes it’s better than being cold. An unexpected challenge this year came from our decision to decorate early for Christmas, so the last couple of weekends we had to squeeze in a ride while trying to hang a bunch of lights and later hunting down the perfect tree.
Thanks Kevin , for doing this again. I haven’t participated the past couple of years, and it was fun to give it a go once again. It really is motivating to see everyone’s posts.

























Beautiful colors in your photos. And, one of the VW!
ReplyDeleteHmmmm blogger closed the connection unexpectedly so this may be a duplicate. Kudos on this riding everyday challenge! Some nice artsy shots and I liked the fall colors near the end of the post best.
ReplyDeleteRichard, Thanks I love all the fall colors. The VW is a project. It's not a complete camper, but has a bed and dinette. It needs new paint though. I feel like a homeless couple when we drive around in it.
ReplyDeleteHi Dom, nope, no repeats that I see. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm going out to ride one of these same roads today. I have a feeling the colors have gone to winter drab.
Lovely art shots, Kari. Do you use some kind of photoshop software to trim the colours and sharpen the pics?
ReplyDeleteKudos to completing the challenge. Mine was not official but so far I managed to go out for a walk every day (rain, snow or shine).
Sonja Thank you.
ReplyDeleteThe majority of my photo processing happens in Lightroom, either the program on the computer or their phone app. I also have some photoshop apps on my phone for artsy stuff. The first two were processed in Lightroom-color balance, sharpen, etc, then additional filters applied in photoshop express. I love processing photos and can get heavy handed with it at times.
Getting out walking rain or shine is absolutely within the spirit of the event. One of the riders couldn’t ride bikes everyday, so on the days she didn’t ride she went for walks.
Thanks Kari, we have Lightroom on our computer but I never use it. I dearly miss Picasa, the "quick-and-dirty" version for lazy people like me ;-)
ReplyDeleteI used Picasso some back in the day. I’ve considered leaving adobe software from time to tome, but hate learning a new program. I know there are some good ones out there.
Delete