Dark Place

 No, not as distressing as it sounds. Dark place artistically. For the past few years. 

I've been more focused on activities, bicycling, triathlon, etc. then on spending time with creative endeavors. Photography has been via iPhone for the past 3-4 years. Art hasn't happened, to the point where I thought about ditching all my art materials. 

Now I'm trying to scrabble some of that creativity back. Using real cameras for photography (albeit, ancient ones). Sad attempts at art, but pushing through despite the poor results. My hands don't work like they used to. Not shaky, but not steady. Is that age? Lack of practice? I dunno. My brain doesn't work the same. Kind of like vaseline on a window. I can still see out, but I can't really focus on the details, or make out the big picture.

Dots that don't connect. 

I buy more art supplies. 

They gather dust. 

Today I attempted a small collage. It was fun. I discovered that magazines are not great materials for cutting out tiny details. Perhaps a splurge on some fun stickers, papers and card making goodies is in order. Forget high-brow art. Just make something cute. 

I was happier with my photo editing endeavor. Old photo from 2008. I was aiming for dark and moody. Taken on my first motorcycle tour. Taken with the same camera I'm still using. Although I do have a slightly newer mirrorless camera too. It's limited in lens selection. There is much I have forgotten about photography.

Redwoods 2008 • Nikon D80


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100