Utah 2023: Arches National Park

We managed to snag a pass for the 16th to enter Arches National Park as the timed entry had started in April. I was worried about long lines, but it was less than 10 minutes to get in. Even got in before our allotted entry time by a few minutes. This was my second visit to Arches, and Ron’s first. 

Our first destination was Delicate Arch. It’s the classic arch in Arches and I suppose the must-do hike. It didn’t disappoint. Plenty of folks hanging around the arch and everyone taking their turn posing under the arch for pics. We all did photographer duty for each other. One guy did a hand stand. Rather daring. Of course I had just shut down my camera and missed the pic.

Hiking to Delicate Arch

Almost there

Ron and Delicate Arch

The Audience


Some Petroglyphs along the trail.


Our second hike was to Landscape Arch. I think we decided this one was our favorite (it was a tough decision considering the options). We visited two other smaller arches, Tunnel and Pine tree arches, on the same hike. 

On the trail to Landscape Arch



Landscape Arch

It was impossible to avoid the sun flare,
but I like sun flares so there's that. 


Tunnel Arch


The last arch of the day was Double Arch. This was the one I was waiting to see. It has sentimental memories for me from when I visited it in 2015 while traveling to our cross-country bike tour. I always wanted to go back. We did a short hike at Balanced Rock before heading out of the park. We planned to hike more, but the legs and feet were tired. So much more left to explore. Next time.


Balanced Rock


Double Arch



Comments

  1. Arches is a pretty good park, although the crowds are annoying to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crowds are the unfortunate part. I knew going in that would be an issue, so was somewhat prepared for it. In Zion we managed a few minutes alone on a trail, but for the rest of it, the hoards were present.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silver Creek Falls State Park, 03-19-11

Overnighter at the Coast

Yamaha V-Star 1100