Penny's daughter Tammy lives in Utah and we all got together for breakfast on Monday. (So good to meet you Tammy!) We had breakfast at the Moab Diner, then Tammy took us on a little tour around the town, and gave us some recommendations for things to see/do.
 |
| Tammy and Ron |
 |
| Tammy and your truly |
Later Ron and I visited Canyon Lands National Park and Dead Horse State Park. The state park charges an entrance fee, but I think may have the best views of the canyons.
First stop in Canyon Lands was Shafer road viewpoint. I'd like to bike down this road. (Looking for a shuttle to get me to the top-lol). There were a few people driving it which was fun to watch.
 |
| Shafer Road. Can you find the car? |
 |
Ron does not like me taking pics from the edge of drop offs. But I love it! |
We also stopped at Mesa Arch for a few pics
 |
| Mesa Arch |
Our last was Dead Horse State Park. I think it had some of the best views of the canyons. I’d like to return sometime and bike the trails here, as that’s allowed in the state park. We didn’t do any long hikes, just did the trails out to viewpoints here and there. I'd have hiked more, but once again legs and feet were done for the day.
 |
| Dead Horse State Park |
 |
| Local riff raff |
 |
| Blue Potash Ponds |
 |
| Colorado River |
Canyonlands is one of my favorite parks in Utah.
ReplyDeleteI love the epic views!
DeleteYou hit some of the more scenic spots...been there many times and one of my favorite states.
ReplyDeleteYou have so many beautiful places close to you. Utah. Colorado. I feel like we barely scraped the surface of all there is to see. Ron is getting closer to retirement and I hope we can start seeing more places.
Delete